[Global_chapter_committee] OWASP Student Chapter

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Aug 1 22:13:11 UTC 2012

Martin and Edward,

I wanted to introduce you guys to Tony Cargile.  Tony was at a SPIN meeting
I was presenting at last month and decided he wanted to get more involved
with OWASP so he attended our OWASP Austin meeting this month.  He would
like to help us spread the OWASP mission onto the University of Texas at
Austin campus.  His timing couldn't be better as his level of student
outreach could help fuel dozens of students to attend the OWASP AppSec USA
2012 conference here in Austin.  However formal or informal it would be,
I'd like to work on making his UT OWASP Chapter a "sister chapter" of our
OWASP Austin chapter.  We can assist them with speakers, some funding, etc
to get up and running.  More importantly, he helps to give our local
chapter and the OWASP Foundation a voice at one of the largest public
universities in the US.  He has submitted his application in order to start
the student chapter.  What do we need to do in order to make this happen?
Thanks!

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol
Chair, OWASP Global Chapters Committee