[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: New process for vetting chapter leaders

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Wed Oct 19 13:20:06 EDT 2011

All -
The Global Chapters Committee discussed the process for starting a chapter
at their August
meeting<https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1XNOkMX5c4OeH01zeKSsKpyHFyKdXTVDX8NodbTGGKv4/edit?hl=en_US>
and
then it was discussed again at the Chapters Workshop at AppSec
USA<https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/13KyIN9F75ZcM8lPDpvwU11JgxcImYp3or6dhmcezpF0/edit?hl=en_US>.
The Committee has voted and approved the following new process for setting
up a local chapter (or responding to a request for starting a chapter):

*A request to start or restart a chapter should be submitted to the OWASP
Feedback Form<https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFN1R2NIMTNROXN3dml4ZEcxXzJQYXc6MQ#gid=0>or
Sarah
Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>, and should include:*

   - *List of the people that are founding the chapter*

*The founding members (1 or more) must submit:*

*○     Statement regarding their background or resume, and*

*○     Statement of why he or she wants to be an OWASP Leader.*

   - *The geographical area to be covered by the new chapter*
   - *Read, understand, and agree to the terms of the Chapter Handbook.*

*Upon receiving the request, Sarah (or whoever is providing administrative
support to the Chapters Committee) will give a cursory sanity check on
the application (make sure there is not a chapter already set up in that
location that should be consulted/coordinated with) and forward to the
Chapters Committee members.  One other member of the committee needs to sign
off on the application and then Sarah can go ahead and set up the chapter as
requested (Wiki page, mailing list, email address, add to owasp-chapters
mailing list, etc.)*

Let me know if there are any new questions about this policy -

Thanks!

Sarah