[Global_chapter_committee] Outcomes of Chapters Workshop at AppSec Latin America 2011
sarah.baso at owasp.org
Thu Oct 13 23:14:26 EDT 2011
Last week we conducted a Chapter Workshop at AppSec Latin America in Porto
Alegre, Brazil and achieved much success in discussing regional chapter
issues as well as "best practices" for starting a new chapter or
jump-starting a chapter losing steam.
KEY OUTCOMES: Priorities of the Latin American Community
- Focus on Localization - starting with translation of key OWASP
documents (such as Chapter Handbook, Brand Use Rules, Bylaws) into Spanish
- Continued regional “Meet up” of chapter leaders and interested parties
- Set up Brazil Foundation - Involve others in LA region, so process can
be replicated in other countries if becomes necessary in the future.
- Need better Latin America representation in Committees. Currently:
Global Chapters Committee (Gustavo Barbato) and Conferences Committee (Lucas
Ferreira and Cassio Goldschmidt) have Latin American representation.
Membership, education, and projects need representation. As a result of the
workshop the following individuals have stepped-up:
- Education - Luiz Duarte (application completed)
- Membership - Leonardo Buonsanti (in process of finishing
Thank you to all the participants for their willingness to contribute and
energy for building OWASP in this region:
- Cassio Goldschmidt - LA Chapter Leader, Global Conferences Committee
- Lucas Ferreira - Brasilia Chapter Leader, Global Conferences Committee
- Tom Brennan - NY/NJ Metro Chapter Leader, Global Board Member
- Mauro Flores - Uruguay Chapter Leader, Global Industry Committee Member
- Ricardo Makino - Campinas (Brasil) Chapter Leader
- Magno Logan Rodriguez - Paraiba (Brasil) Chapter Leader
- Leonardo Buonsanti - Sao Paulo (Brasil) Chapter leader (recently took
over for Elias Wagner)
- Luiz Duarte “LOD” - Campinas (Brasil) Chapter
- L. Gustavo Barbato - Porto Alegre (Brasil) Chapter Leader, Global
- Rafael Dreher - Porto Alegre Chapter
- Michael Hidalgo Fallas - Costa Rica Chapter Leader
- Ramiro Pugar - Ecuador Chapter Leader
- Maximiliano Soler - Argentina Chapter Leader (AppSec Latam 2012
The complete meeting minutes can be found here:
Next up? Chapters Workshop at AppSec Asia -- Beijing China, Nov.
We hope to have most of the kinks worked out of the remote
this one, so stay tuned on instructions to connect!
OWASP Global Conference Committee
OWASP Global Chapter Committee
Los Angeles OWASP Chapter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Global_chapter_committee