[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Membership Model 3.0

Seba seba at owasp.org
Wed May 25 05:42:16 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

see inline

-Tax deductibility: Made to reflect US-only
 I don't see that: did you change it in the Google doc?

> -Chapter Supporter: This is something we discussed at length within the
> Committee and this is what we came up with.  Broad discretion is still
> deferred to the specific Chapter Leader to set sponsorship levels, etc. Does
> the language as it exists cause you to vote "no" on implementing the updated
> model as proposed?

I prefer leaving out the suggested chapter levels / benefits as they are too
pre-scriptive and will create expectations for the potential local sponsor.
Simply direct the potential sponsor to the local chapter leader. We can
recover the excellent suggestion as part of the chapter heandbook as
guideline for the chapter leader.
I also prefer to strip the 90/10% split for now. This is part of the bigger
discussion on how to handle funds at chapter level and the chapter committee
should have it's say and propose a model to the board.
When the suggested levels/benefits & split are removed you can note me down
as Yes

> -University/Academic Supporters - Changed to Academic

ok

> -Chapter and project leaders are no longer considered Honorary Members as
> those memberships have expired.  They are encouraged to become Individual
> Members.  If that is not possible/desirable then they can request a new
> Honorary Membership. When we push this live we will have a link to the
> submission form.

ok