[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] [Global_membership_committee] membership during registration

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed May 18 14:34:42 EDT 2011

Lucas makes a good point about projects.

When the membership split was first proposed 3 years ago, the idea was that
members could designate a portion of their dues to a chapter or project of
their choice.

Since chapter meetings and conferences are generally great recruiting
grounds, the split has generally benefited chapters - though there have been
a few projects that have gotten some token funds this way (ESAPI, Podcast, a
few others IIRC).

Of course it makes the maintenance overhead of the form much more complex as
projects are constantly being added and the GPC is still working on a
centralized inventory mechanism (hopefully online by Fall 2011)... Therefore
I don't want to pollute the discussion too much - but I'd like to just throw
it out there for awareness that allocations of dues towards projects should
get more visibility eventually too.

-Jason