[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: [Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
tin.zaw at owasp.org
Mon May 9 15:37:49 EDT 2011
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seba <seba at owasp.org>
Date: Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Subject: [Owasp-board] VOTE Request - OWASP Europe Foundation
To: OWASP Foundation Board List <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>, Kate Hartmann
<kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
I have not seen enough positive reactions on my previous request concerning
the setup of an European legal entity.
To gain traction and to have OWASP Europe started by AppSecEU, I need you to
vote now (deadline Tuesday 10-May EOB).
I ask you to *vote on the principle if Yes/No you support the startup of an
European OWASP Foundation*.
- Ease of payments (IBAN-BIC numbers) within the Euro zone (less
accounting overhead, less exchange rate risk exposure, no paypal fees,
- OWASP deducting / avoiding VAT in the EU (savings on
- EU people possibly being able to tax-deduct donations to an EU
non-profit entity (extra revenue)
- Being able to create EU standard invoices in Euro's (less accounting
overhead, faster cash-in)
- Potentially tap into EU/governmental budgets (extra revenue)
- Less hassle to hire EU employees/contractors (less overhead, better
social protection for employees)
- Providing a governance umbrella for EU chapters/events
Upon your approval I will initiate the EU Legal entity in Belgium.
This will cost:
- € 500 for translating the Bylaws in English (takes 3 working days)
- € 1000 for a notary to make them official. (takes 10 working days)
We can get it done by AppSecEU, but we have to decide now.
Potential VAT deduction of the AppSecEU costs (21% on estimated € 10000)
already covers the startup costs.
Yearly book-keeper cost (quarterly VAT and one yearly fiscal declaration)
will be about € 850 / year.
We can set up Alison with an EU software package to create and follow-up on
EU invoices/ costs.
Can you send us your vote and/or questions by Tuesday 10-May EOB?
Owasp-board mailing list
Owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
Tin Zaw, CISSP, CSSLP
Chapter Leader and President, OWASP Los Angeles Chapter<http://www.owaspla.org/>
Chair, OWASP Global Chapter
Google Voice: (213) 973-9295
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Global_chapter_committee