[Global_chapter_committee] [Owasp-leaders] OWASP-verify

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Fri Mar 18 12:45:28 EDT 2011

Hi Matt

These are good points and I think we should make it an agenda item for our
next committee call. Membership has kind of been a double-edge sword. Is our
main mission to drive application security awareness or sign up more
members. In my conversations with Jeff Williams he felt that the former is
more important. For example, if we wanted to drive more people to become
members we could make membership mandatory for attendees of any local
chapter conferences. But, that might discourage people from attending. On
the other hand, like you said, if we remove the paid individual membership,
we might have a lot more people become members. Anyway this might be a cross
committee issue with the membership committee but we can give our
recommendations.

Thanks!

Mandeep