[Global_chapter_committee] Minutes from March 14 Meeting

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Tue Mar 15 23:35:03 EDT 2011


I don't know if there is a Word version but I personally really feel we
should edit it online. It's a wiki and any edit can be undone or changed. I
don't believe the chapter handbook should be like the bylaws where there are
discrete versions that only certain people are allowed to edit.


On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry for missing both of these meetings. My schedule is insane right now.
> I'm being sent on site which requires me to rise at 6 am, so I can't make
> either meeting until DST finishes here in early April.
>
> I will participate in the GCC via e-mail until my schedule and time zone
> don't conspire against participation. Feel free to talk to me on Skype if
> you see me Online and my status with changing iTunes songs. I'm not at the
> keyboard if I'm marked away or online but my status is text, like "Lunch" or
> similar.
>
> I have time on the train to do the chapter leader handbook update. Has
> anyone put their hand up for that yet? If not, allocate it to me. I should
> have it updated in time for our next meetings.
>
> Is there a Word version, or is there just the Wiki version? Which version
> should I update?
>
> thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On 15/03/2011, at 1:48 PM, Tin Zaw wrote:
>
> *1. Consolidating Chapter Leader List*
>
> We now have three different sources of information on who the chapter
> leaders are. Among these, summit fund transfer survey (that 77 active
> chapter leaders responded) has the most latest info. One of the first items
> on the new assistant's list would be to consolidate these pieces of
> information and produce a single, master leader list.
>
> *2. Assistant for Kate and Chapter Committee*
>
> It looks like the Board has agreed to allocate $5,000 to hire an assistant
> to help Kate and the Chapter Committee with administrative paperwork. Kate
> has a few resumes. We need to help define the role, and send resumes to Kate
> if we know anyone.
>
> Action Item: Tin -- Complete job description for the assistant.
>
> *3. Budget*
>
> We should submit the committee budget by March 28, a week before the
> board's meeting on April 4. Here is our budget proposal
> (in prioritized list).
>
>
>    1. OWASP on the Move -- $10,000 (refer to OotM wiki page)
>    2. Chapter Leaders Summits (at Dublin, Minneapolis and possibly Porto
>    Alegre) -- $15,000
>    3. Local Chapter Nurturing Program -- $10,000 (to help new and newer
>    chapters with supplies, sponsorship for initial meetings, etc.)
>    4. OWASP Student Chapter Support -- $10,000 (funds to kickstart student
>    chapter program, to be coordinated with Membership and Education
>    committees).
>
> Action Item: Tin -- Budget proposal draft by March 21.
> Action Item: Committee Members -- Review and provide feedback by March 26.
> Action Item: Tin -- Submit budget to the board by March 28.
>
> *4. Inactive Chapter Cleanup *
>
> We can put chapters into three categories.
>
>    1. Chapters that responded to summit funds transfer survey, and are
>    active
>    2. Chapters that responded to summit funds transfer survey, but
>    inactive
>    3. Chapters that did not respond
>
> Categories 1 and 2 represent 77 chapters. We have a few chapters that had
> technical reasons in responding to the survey. We will address them one by
> one.
>
> For chapters in Category 3, we will mark them as inactive, as we did for
> Austria chapter, will start the process to reclaim their funds, and solicit
> for new leaders.
>
> Action Item: Kate -- Mark chapters in Category 3 as inactive.
> Action Item: Kate -- Start reclaim process of chapter funds. Proposal -- If
> the funds are less than $200, reclaim automatically; more than $200, discuss
> at next committee meeting.
> Action Item: Matt -- Check with Larry or write a script if necessary for
> scraping chapter leader data from Wiki.
> Action Item: Tin -- Send out proposal to vote for reclaiming funds.
> Action Item: Matt -- Propose how to shut down a chapter.
>
> Kate also brought up the concern about a chapter. We will discuss it via
> confidential mailing list.
>
> *5. Chapter Leader Handbook Update*
>
> We need to fulfill the board's request (from Tom B.)
>
> "can your team put your heads together and provide a milestone/ETA on this
> being completed as a core item of the committee -  April?"
>
> I believe he asked ETA by April. This should be on our short term goal
> list.
>
> *
> *
> *If I missed anything else, please let me know.*
>
>
>
> --
> Tin Zaw, CISSP, CSSLP
> Chapter Leader and President, OWASP Los Angeles Chapter<http://www.owaspla.org/>
> Chair, OWASP Global Chapter Committee<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Chapter_Committee>
>
> Google Voice: (213) 973-9295
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tinzaw
>
>  _______________________________________________
> Global_chapter_committee mailing list
> Global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_chapter_committee
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Global_chapter_committee mailing list
> Global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_chapter_committee
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_chapter_committee/attachments/20110315/3a655c88/attachment.html 


More information about the Global_chapter_committee mailing list