[Global_chapter_committee] Minutes from March 14 Meeting

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Tue Mar 15 22:41:49 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Sorry for missing both of these meetings. My schedule is insane right now. I'm being sent on site which requires me to rise at 6 am, so I can't make either meeting until DST finishes here in early April. 

I will participate in the GCC via e-mail until my schedule and time zone don't conspire against participation. Feel free to talk to me on Skype if you see me Online and my status with changing iTunes songs. I'm not at the keyboard if I'm marked away or online but my status is text, like "Lunch" or similar. 

I have time on the train to do the chapter leader handbook update. Has anyone put their hand up for that yet? If not, allocate it to me. I should have it updated in time for our next meetings. 

Is there a Word version, or is there just the Wiki version? Which version should I update?


On 15/03/2011, at 1:48 PM, Tin Zaw wrote:

> 1. Consolidating Chapter Leader List
> We now have three different sources of information on who the chapter leaders are. Among these, summit fund transfer survey (that 77 active chapter leaders responded) has the most latest info. One of the first items on the new assistant's list would be to consolidate these pieces of information and produce a single, master leader list.
> 2. Assistant for Kate and Chapter Committee
> It looks like the Board has agreed to allocate $5,000 to hire an assistant to help Kate and the Chapter Committee with administrative paperwork. Kate has a few resumes. We need to help define the role, and send resumes to Kate if we know anyone.
> Action Item: Tin -- Complete job description for the assistant.
> 3. Budget
> We should submit the committee budget by March 28, a week before the board's meeting on April 4. Here is our budget proposal (in prioritized list). 
> OWASP on the Move -- $10,000 (refer to OotM wiki page)
> Chapter Leaders Summits (at Dublin, Minneapolis and possibly Porto Alegre) -- $15,000
> Local Chapter Nurturing Program -- $10,000 (to help new and newer chapters with supplies, sponsorship for initial meetings, etc.)
> OWASP Student Chapter Support -- $10,000 (funds to kickstart student chapter program, to be coordinated with Membership and Education committees).
> Action Item: Tin -- Budget proposal draft by March 21.
> Action Item: Committee Members -- Review and provide feedback by March 26. 
> Action Item: Tin -- Submit budget to the board by March 28.
> 4. Inactive Chapter Cleanup 
> We can put chapters into three categories.
> Chapters that responded to summit funds transfer survey, and are active 
> Chapters that responded to summit funds transfer survey, but inactive
> Chapters that did not respond 
> Categories 1 and 2 represent 77 chapters. We have a few chapters that had technical reasons in responding to the survey. We will address them one by one. 
> For chapters in Category 3, we will mark them as inactive, as we did for Austria chapter, will start the process to reclaim their funds, and solicit for new leaders.
> Action Item: Kate -- Mark chapters in Category 3 as inactive. 
> Action Item: Kate -- Start reclaim process of chapter funds. Proposal -- If the funds are less than $200, reclaim automatically; more than $200, discuss at next committee meeting. 
> Action Item: Matt -- Check with Larry or write a script if necessary for scraping chapter leader data from Wiki.
> Action Item: Tin -- Send out proposal to vote for reclaiming funds.
> Action Item: Matt -- Propose how to shut down a chapter. 
> Kate also brought up the concern about a chapter. We will discuss it via confidential mailing list. 
> 5. Chapter Leader Handbook Update
> We need to fulfill the board's request (from Tom B.)
> "can your team put your heads together and provide a milestone/ETA on this being completed as a core item of the committee -  April?"
> I believe he asked ETA by April. This should be on our short term goal list.
> If I missed anything else, please let me know. 
> -- 
> Chapter Leader and President, OWASP Los Angeles Chapter
> Chair, OWASP Global Chapter Committee 
> Google Voice: (213) 973-9295
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tinzaw
> _______________________________________________
> Global_chapter_committee mailing list
> Global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_chapter_committee

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_chapter_committee/attachments/20110316/3c6a6536/attachment-0001.html 

More information about the Global_chapter_committee mailing list