[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] "Speakers" Sub Committee

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Sun Mar 13 18:03:18 EDT 2011

Hi Christian & GCC!

Just to make sure -- OWASP conferences aiming for academic submissions such as AppSec in Athens next year and IBWAS in Portugal must have their own PC and maintain a fully anonymous review process. Anything else would be sub-standard.

As for the industry tracks, a conference organizing committe + global speaker committee cooperation would probably be a good idea.

As always, selecting speakers is prone to biases so I'd advice some checks and balances in any newly formed speaker committee.

Note -- for AppSec in Stockholm I was the only one on my committe who knew who any of the authors were. We selected our whole program based on abstracts and screenshots, no names. All speakers got three different anonymous review notes upon notification. Many speakers who where rejected got back to us and thanked us for our organized process and non-biased, transparent review. Please take this into consideration when planning for a speakers committee.

   Regards, John

Skickat från min iPhone