[Global_chapter_committee] 2011 Chapter Committee Proposed Budget

Matthew Chalmers matthew.chalmers at owasp.org
Mon Mar 7 16:55:02 EST 2011

1. Did your numbers for OWASP on the Move come from the actual numbers for
OWASP on the Move?

2. I still disagree with hiring an admin or part-time contractor. I do feel
bad that Kate has seven bosses but I don't think the issue of her job
description should be solved by our committee or will be solved by spending
limited OWASP funds on a contractor to do work that we as volunteers on the
committee should be doing ourselves and should be ashamed of not getting
done.

3. At the summit, it seemed like the Education committee was spearheading
student chapters. You might want to bring that up in your committee chairs
list. I also want to know what exactly $7500 is going to be for. This needs
more planning before just making up a number.

4. To be frank, I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a ruse to get people
some free training. If OWASP is going to pay for multiple people's travel,
they had better have an agenda and deliverables and not just be going for a
"meet & greet" social hour along with a free conference.

--matt