[Global_chapter_committee] Updates to chapter handbook
mkhera at owasp.org
Wed Jun 22 21:48:33 EDT 2011
Thanks for making the updates. Here are a few minor comments/questions:
- Resolution of disputes - I agree with your comments in principle. The only
question I have is the overlap between GCC and Membership, Conf. committees
etc. In other words, may be we should define what types of disputes should
be brought up to the GCC.
- Recommendation by 5 owasp leaders - I agree with you. We don't need this.
Can be very cumbersome. Just have them submit in an application why they are
qualified to start a chapter, what steps would they take and have the GCC
approve it. Agree on other points regarding veto etc. Just too complicated
- Terminating a chapter - agree it should be GCC decision.
- Remote leader - "is performance should be evaluated periodically, like any
chapter to validate that the chapter continues to run well" - we should talk
about how the performance will be evaluated
- Minimum activity requirements - We should decide how hard we want to
enforce it. In many chapter meetings, attendance is a handful of attendees.
And, how will GCC know the number of attendees?
- Presentation - Unless I missed it, we should mention that presentations
should be in OWASP template
- List usage - I am not sure what we are trying to say here. We should say
limit emailing to OWASP event activities and do not spam the list with
irrelevant off topic issues.
- I can take a crack at sections 6 and 7
- Section 8 - we should also talk about uploading the agenda and
presentations for each meeting.
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>wrote:
> Hi folks,
> After last night's meeting with Sarah and Kate, the chapter handbook was
> discussed. I'd like to just go ahead and make the changes I've outlined in
> the comments:
> The above link is for folks within the Chapters Committee at the moment. If
> you don't see it, please ask Sarah for permissions to view and edit it. Once
> we're happy with the changes, I'm happy to open this document up to the
> wider world (and as an open project, we should probably work in the open
> @Matt - Can we please organize a time to talk over Skype on your handbook
> ideas? I think about an hour would be great. I'd really like to get going on
> the revisions before the next meeting so that folks have time to review
> changes before we vote on it, or decide to work on it more? If I don't hear
> from you by this time next week, I'll just use your e-mail as a map that
> will guide me in the editing process.
> Global_chapter_committee mailing list
> Global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Global_chapter_committee