[Global_chapter_committee] Updates to chapter handbook

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Wed Jun 22 21:48:33 EDT 2011

Andrew

Thanks for making the updates. Here are a few minor comments/questions:

- Resolution of disputes - I agree with your comments in principle. The only
question I have is the overlap between GCC and Membership, Conf. committees
etc. In other words, may be we should define what types of disputes should
be brought up to the GCC.
- Recommendation by 5 owasp leaders - I agree with you. We don't need this.
Can be very cumbersome. Just have them submit in an application why they are
qualified to start a chapter, what steps would they take and have the GCC
approve it. Agree on other points regarding veto etc. Just too complicated
right now.
- Terminating a chapter - agree it should be GCC decision.
- Remote leader - "is performance should be evaluated periodically, like any
chapter to validate that the chapter continues to run well" - we should talk
about how the performance will be evaluated
- Minimum activity requirements - We should decide how hard we want to
enforce it. In many chapter meetings, attendance is a handful of attendees.
And, how will GCC know the number of attendees?
- Presentation - Unless I missed it, we should mention that presentations
should be in OWASP template
- List usage -  I am not sure what we are trying to say here. We should say
limit emailing to OWASP event activities and do not spam the list with
irrelevant off topic issues.
- I can take a crack at sections 6 and 7
- Section 8 - we should also talk about uploading the agenda and
presentations for each meeting.

Best regards,
Mandeep