[Global_chapter_committee] OWASP Chapter supporter

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Tue Jul 26 18:40:53 EDT 2011

Lucas,

Just as a caveat, I'm not on the Chapters Committee or the Membership
Committee.

But I *believe* that this is the workflow:
1) The company would pay the OWASP Foundation their desired organization
membership fee ($500USD) through the RegOnline system
2) The Foundation receives the payment and 40% goes to the local chapter
budget
3) The Foundation adds the company to the list of organizational supporters
on the main website and the company gets the corporate sponsorship benefits:
* Opportunity to post a rotating banner ad on the front page for 30 days at
no additional cost.
* Be recognized as a supporter by posting your company logo on the OWASP
website (Image size for logos: gif, jpg or png with a size of 150px X 45px
at 72dpi or 55px X 80px at 72dpi)
* Be listed as a sponsor in the newsletter that goes to over 10,000
individuals around the world on owasp mailing lists.
* Have (1) supporting member vote in future elections and on issues that
shape the direction of the community.
* Member discounts at Conferences

Note there is a separate cheaper alternative for Chapter sponsorship, but
I'm unfamiliar with how that works and what the reduced benefits are.

That would be something the Memership Committee can probably answer.

See https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership.

-Jason