[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Updates to Chapter Leaders and Project Leaders on Membership Spreadsheet

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Tue Jul 26 16:44:05 EDT 2011

Kate,

I'd like to propose altering the wording slightly for the Board's
consideration, because I remember Jeff phrasing it similarly on the call.

His statement subsequently spun off conversation to the fact that the
existing policy *already does* grant OWASP membership without charge, albeit
with a slight administrative process.

The extra clarifying bit that we eventually pulled out from Seba on the call
was that the grant should be *automatic*.

Again, I'm not trying to cause trouble. I'm just trying to make it crystal
clear what the intended message was, so we avoid going down the same rabbit
hole of discussions.

Suggest rephrasing the item for vote clarification to the following:
"Since we now have a way to identify them, should active chapter and project
leaders be *automatically* granted OWASP membership without charge,
conferring all the rights and privileges of the existing OWASP membership
program (including voting in elections)."

On that topic, the item for vote presumes that "we now have a way to
identify" active chapter/project leaders.

For anyone interested, the "active" project leaders were identified during
the GPC Working Session and the strategy we used for identifying them is
documented here:
http://sl.owasp.org/gpcws-jun11-proceedings-inventory

It would be good for future repeat-ability to understand how "active"
chapter leaders were identified.

-Jason