[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Updates to Chapter Leaders and Project Leaders on Membership Spreadsheet

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Tue Jul 26 09:20:25 EDT 2011

My recollection was that it was two separate items that were decided on by
the Board.

I thought the first measure was whether active project/chapter leaders were
*automatically* granted votes in the election and the second measure was
whether they should be *automatically* granted honorary membership.

The key part was "automatically", as the existing Membership Committee
policy regarding leaders already allowed for granting of honorary membership
to leaders (and by virtue of that membership, a vote in the current
election).

My impression had been that both these measures passed, with the
understanding that:
* Automatic grant of election votes only applied to this election
* Ongoing grant of automatic honorary membership is an extension of the
current Membership Committee policy to grant honorary memberships to
leaders; should the Membership Committee decide to modify the requirements
for honorary membership, the automatic grant would be revisited (and
potentially discontinued).

-Jason

P.S. We really need to start recording meetings and capturing notes in a
more helpful manner.