[Global_chapter_committee] Follow-up on US and Canadian Chapter Leader Workshop at AppSec USA 2011

Tin Zaw tin.zaw at owasp.org
Mon Jul 18 18:57:08 EDT 2011

Dear Chapter Leaders,

If you need *financial assistance* to attend the Chapter Leader Workshop at
AppSec USA, *please submit a request to me and Sarah Baso by August 8, 2011*
.  *The workshop is scheduled to be on September 21, from noon to 3:00PM*.

Funding for your attendance to the workshop should be worked out in the
following order.

1. Ask your employer to fund your trip to AppSec USA conference.
2. Utilize your chapter funds.
3. Ask the chapter committee for funding assistance.

While we wish we could fund every chapter leader, due to the limited amount
of budget allocated for this event, we may not be able to fund 100% to all
the requests. After August 8, we will make funding decision in a fair and
transparent manner. When you apply for funding, please highlight your past
contributions to OWASP and your future plans for the local chapter and
OWASP.

If you are already scheduled to be there, please sign up at the following
Wiki page (when the sign-up area becomes available) so we know how many to
expect.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_USA_2011#tab=Chapter_Leader_Workshop

We hope to see you there!