[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: FW: [BOWASP] Fwd: Core WebVerify avalaible to OWASP members

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Mon Jul 18 12:35:31 EDT 2011

FYI. We should discuss this issue in today's call. This is a vendor
promotion being done at an OWASP chapter. I think we already cover this in
the handbook but how do we monitor these types of things?

** **

** **

*Date: *

Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:59:43 +0000****

*From: *

Alexander Horan @c<ahoranoresecurity.com>****

*To: *

dcampbell at owasp.org <dcampbell at owasp.org> <dcampbell at owasp.org>****

****

Greetings David, ****

My name is Alex Horan and I am a Product Manager with Core Security
Technologies. As the leader of your OWASP Chapter, I wanted to offer you and
your chapter members a chance to try the new product from Core Security;
“WebVerify”. This recent product release is focused at the Web Application
testing community and I hope to strengthen our ties to the OWASP community.
****

WebVerify is from the same company that brought Core Impact Professional to
market.   WebVerify is an automated security testing product that provides
demonstrable and actionable intelligence on an organization’s exploitable
web application vulnerabilities and the resulting security implications for
their broader operations. WebVerify uses techniques similar to those
employed by actual attackers. With WebVerify, you can not only identify
exploitable application weaknesses, but also verify the exposure of related
databases, the web server, backend network devices, and even end users
against subsequent attacks.****

Now that you have a better understanding of WebVerify and its’ capabilities,
I would like to offer you and your chapter members the opportunity to use
WebVerify for a one-week period at no cost. I have arranged this program
because I believe that this product closely aligns with OWASP’s mission
statement to: “…make application security visible, so that people and
organizations can make informed decisions about true application security
risks.” ****

 If you think this offer would provide value to your members let me know and
I can send you the details for you to forward to your members.****

If you have suggestions for other ways I could work with or provide value to
your chapter, please do not hesitate to let me know.****

I look forward to hearing from you, ****

Alex****

 ****