[Global_chapter_committee] Agreed upon terms for new conferences/chapters policy

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Fri Jul 8 01:08:16 EDT 2011

Tin,
I just wanted to clarify for the rest of the committee, when we were
discussing local events we were talking about things like training days,
outreach events and mini-conf . Regular chapter meetings are not considered
local events; as Mark said, they have always fallen under chapters committee
policies.

Additionally, I don't think anyone is trying to prohibit local chapters from
charging for local events, the question at hand is which committee is in the
best position to support local events. The Conferences Committee's position
is that with their experience in event planning and management, they can
provide better support for the event organizers. Thus, when a fee is charged
by local chapters or local event organizers for their local events, Mark
would like the conferences committee policies to govern the event.

Your argument, as I understand it, is that *whether a fee is charged* by the
organizers to attend the event *should not be factor* in the determination
of which committee has responsibility for supporting the event.

Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks,
Sarah Baso