[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: Agreed upon terms for new conferences/chapters policy

Tin Zaw tin.zaw at owasp.org
Thu Jul 7 19:50:28 EDT 2011

Global Committee Members,

Mark Bristow and I discussed today about conference policy and which events
fall under what committee's policies. While we agree that events that the
foundation invests more than $1000 should fall under the conferences
committee policy, we did not agree that all events that charge a fee should
fall under the conferences committee policy. Please see my argument on this
below.

We are deferring this to the board which voted last time, at least in
principle, that all events other than four global AppSec's fall under
chapter committee.

At this point, we will have to stay tuned to the board's discussion and
decision on it on Monday. Board calls are open and you are welcome to join
and listen to. You are also welcome to provide me with your thoughts so I
can present them at the board meeting.

Regards,
Tin