[Global_chapter_committee] All things Schwag - "open" requests and processing

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Jul 5 10:51:29 EDT 2011

Mark, I am not disagreeing with you other than to say that we need a better
solution than having one person responsible for this.  Considering our
global scope and increasing size, it makes more sense to allocate our
resources to more important problems than pens and lanyards.

I am looking for a long term, global solution.  Asking Sarah to manage this
is about as appropriate as asking you to do it.  There are more important
and mission critical things she can be doing.  Having done this for several
years, I know that it sounds like it's really easy to manage goodie requests
(or at least it should be), but when you factor in trying to navigate
different pricing schemes from different vendors, working on setting up a
European storehouse, worrying about which budget it comes from or if it
needs to be billed to a committee, chapter, person, vendor, sponsor, etc,
not to mention if it's attached to an event (local or global) - it's bigger
than you think.

It's not the right thing to do to just push this off onto Sarah.  OWASP
resources are too valuable.  So, I will continue to lick stamps and send out
what you tell me to until a better solution can be arranged.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org