[Global_chapter_committee] [Owasp-latam-leaders] LATAM tour

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Fri Jul 1 08:55:07 EDT 2011

hi guys,

For those who are not aware of the Latam Tour I'll be traveling to
South America next 16th July until 15th August.

The tour at the moment looks like:

Buenos Aires -> Montevideo -> Sao Paulo -> Lima

Ideally I will be visiting those cities and giving talks about OWASP
(eg. see below), meeting potential sponsors, companies, universities,
etc.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/LatamTour2011

In case you want to be included please let me know the sort of
activities you want to carry out and then we will try to figure out a
way to make it happen if time allows.

I think this is a fantastic group effort that we need to focus our
attention. We are having chapter leaders visiting each other and
building a regional OWASP community in Latam. It is an excellent
example of collaboration among chapters in anticipation of AppSec
Latam Conference next October in Porto Alegre.

Regarding sponsorship I thought about three different levels for the
Tour (but we could always discuss the details):

- Bronze: Company logo displayed in Latam Tour wiki page &
acknowledgments during the whole tour = 500 usd
- Silver: Bronze + Pens or Notepads co-branded with company & OWASP
logo = 1000 usd
- Gold: Bronze + become an official supporter of a Latam Chapter for a
year (*) = 2000 usd

(*) see OWASP Chapter Supporter in the following URL:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership

Also, I will be talking with potential sponsors about the AppSec Latam
Conference. More details here:

https://www.owasp.org/images/4/4f/OWASP_AppSec_2011_Sponsorship_English.pdf

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Fabio