[Global_chapter_committee] OWASP Financials - 2012 Planning

Stevens, Teresa ExSi at pge.com
Fri Dec 2 07:00:16 EST 2011

Hi Everybody, My position at PG&E has been eliminated. In the future, my email address should be teresa-ann-stevens at comcast.net.

Thanks, --Teresa

-----Original Message-----
From: global_chapter_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:global_chapter_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Michael Coates
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:02 PM
To: Michael Coates
Cc: global_chapter_committee Committee; Global_membership_committee at lists.owasp.org; global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org; Global_industry_committee; OWASP Foundation Board List; global_conference_committee at lists.owasp.org; GPC
Subject: [Global_chapter_committee] OWASP Financials - 2012 Planning

OWASP Committees,

We've been making great progress on putting together a 2012 budget plan for OWASP.  We'd like each global committee to review their budget estimates. As you can see from Row 43 of the xls, the  committee budget estimates are quite a bit higher than previous years.  While we certainly want to continue growing and expanding, our current budget estimates won't support these numbers. We'd like committees to review their data and prioritize/evaluate their estimates.

All global committee members have been provided read access to the 2012 budget (link below).  On Monday's board call we're going to focus on the budget and we'd like to invite all committee members for discussion.

Please take a look at the budget data at the following link.  We are continually improving our processes. Therefore, some expense or income items may not have been applicable in previous years. One final note, the 2011 numbers within the committee expenses reflect the actual amount spent by the committee.

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhI4iTO_QojvdFRTX1ZvUHU5U1N3WVRGNm56cDlOM1E&hl=en_US#gid=0

Looking forward to speaking with everyone on Monday.

Michael Coates
OWASP