[Global_chapter_committee] [press:27] Re: Fwd: Fwd: [Global_conference_committee] OWASP On the Move Funding for AusCERT 2011

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Apr 23 19:44:10 EDT 2011

> Is there a reason as to why funding is available for OWASP hosted
events but not for other events were OWASP could reach a wider
audience and the return on investment would be increased exposure and
membership for OWASP?

This is a REALLY good point from Christian. Much of the internal OWASP conferences are preaching to the choir! A lovely song - don't get me wrong. But actively and financially backing speakers at NON-OWASP conferences would impact our mission more without spending a lot of $.

Jim Manico