[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: Fwd: [Global_conference_committee] OWASP On the Move Funding for AusCERT 2011

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Fri Apr 22 05:12:24 EDT 2011

Kate,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:
> Christian, AusCERT 2011 does not fall within the scope of OOTM funding, and
> as Mark Bristow, chair of the Conference Committee has already replied,
> there is no line item for this expense within the Conference Committee
> Budget.  I will recommend that the purpose of "operational costs" in OCMS be
> clarified.

Is there a reason as to why the GCC (i.e. Conference) doesn't have a
budget because I was lead to believe that for OWASP Asia Pacific 2009
there was OoTM Funding for speakers as there was for OWASP USA 2008 so
this budget should be transferred to them i.e. GCC (Conference)?

> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_on_the_Move
>
> The first "rule" around the funding is:  "Primary funding would be deducted
> from the local chapter budget..." So the request would need to come from the
> chapter leader to reclassify this as a chapter meeting.  We would then look
> to the chapter first for support.

The OWASP Brisbane Chapter has $20 according to
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Donation_Scoreboard so this using this
budget would appear pedantic.

Would this then be funded by the
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Connections_Committee due to
their "PR Support for Conferences" scope?

The OCC doesn't quote a mailing list on
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Connections_Committee hence I
sent this to press at owasp.org as their listed contact e-mail.

--