[Global_chapter_committee] Board liaison, current status and next steps

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Tue May 25 00:13:55 EDT 2010

Hi Dinis, Seba and all,

During the last year I have drifted away from security practice in my professional life and recently I have moved completely elsewhere. I don’t know if it is a long term change or just for a couple of years, after all my core technical capacity is information security, but I find it interesting and refreshing. I now do system product management for Better Place (www.betterplace.com), which is an EV (electric cars) service provider. In other words I changed the way I am going to save the world.

I think that this change is evident in my (lack of) contribution lately to OWASP and the GCC. I must admit that I stopped reading the appsec and leaders mailing lists entirely: the e-mails just pile in a folder I never get to. After giving it much thought, I decided that to quit the GCC. I love you all, after all meeting great people was always a prime reason for being involved in OWASP, but professionally, at least for now, I move on.

Carry on OWASP good and important work,

Thanks,

~ Ofer

To: global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org

Hi, any comments on my email below?

I just checked the GCC pages and is this up-to-date? http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Chapter_Committee and http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:GCC_Meetings

>From the current Committee members:

§   <mailto:ofers at owasp.org> Ofer Shezaf

§   <mailto:puneet.mehta(@)owasp.org> Puneet Mehta

§  Matthew Chalmers

§  Mandeep Khera

§   <mailto:seba(@)owasp.org> Sebastien Deleersnyder

Who is currently active?

The OWASP Board meeting was pushed to next Tuesday, and need to give an update on this Committee.

Thanks

Dinis Cruz

On 4 May 2010 23:42, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi GCC

For the next few months I will be your liaison to the OWASP Foundation Board, so I’m here to help with anything I can, and work with the board on any proposals or other actions from the Chapters Committee.

Could someone catch me up on what the committee has been working on?   (for example: what is currently being worked on and what are the next steps?)

Is there a conference call about this chapter happening soon?

Thanks

Dinis Cruz