[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Chapters In South America

LeoCavallari leo.cavallari at owasp.org
Wed Jan 27 11:56:19 EST 2010

Hi,

Also, I got a one unawsered question: How/What should a chapter leader looks
like?
Is there any guideline regarding this?

This kind of information would be useful, so new leaders know how to
properly develop the chapter.

Regarding South American chapters, yes, there's a uncommon difficult here in
to have people volunteering to open initiatives, they normally have all good
intentions during high School and first years at the college, but while
getting older, experienced and with other responsibilities in place, there
are no free time.

Even the employer doesn't understand the benefits on letting their employees
helping such initiatives.That's why base open source projects, like apache,
linux, etc, which require a different knowledge level, have many volunteers.

For me, seems that this type of issue has been overpassed in North America
and Europe.

Best,

Leo Cavallari