[Global_chapter_committee] Chapter Request in India

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Tue Dec 21 20:14:52 EST 2010

I think we should ask him what all does he need help with. We can go through
the list and see if we can have other local chapters help him or if they
themselves don't know then we can provide the help. The key "starter kit" he
needs is a list of local security and developer folks, language to reach
out, good speakers, and a venue. Then, he can look for sponsors as the
chapter progresses.

For most chapters starting out, the hardest part is finding those people and
then messaging i.e. who is OWASP and why should they care to spend their
time at the first meeting. After first couple of meetings it'll start
fueling itself as long as he's taking the initiative.

So, I would recommend that we ask him to find out where to get a list of
local professionals. We can then help him with the messaging part.

Mandeep

--
Tin Zaw, CISSP, CSSLP
Chapter Leader and President, OWASP Los Angeles Chapter