[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Conference/Chapter Revenue Splitting

L. Gustavo C. Barbato lgbarbato at owasp.org
Thu Dec 16 17:19:37 EST 2010

I also defend the idea of collaboration between chapters in order to
achieve great conferences results - when I say collaboration I do mean
collaborate <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/collaborate> (/to
work, one with another; cooperate, as on a literary work/), in other
words, without having profits in mind.

However, aiming to compensate the collaboration on conferences and have
a fair support of OWASP, I do defend the idea of having conferences in
different cities yearly according to local chapters locations.
Nevertheless, we can't forget the hard work necessary of local chapters
to host a conference -- I know that because after the AppSec Brazil 2010
(last month), I don't stop thinking and working on AppSec 2011 -- it's
already being time-consuming.

L. *Gustavo* C. *Barbato*, Ph.D.
Chapter Leader, OWASP Porto Alegre / *Brazil*
Global Chapter Committee Member
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Gustavo_Barbato