[Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Conference/Chapter Revenue Splitting

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Wed Dec 15 09:29:37 EST 2010

Comments forwarded on Lucas's behalf (he's on vacation and can't send as the
right user.....)

=======
I don't like the idea of having one chapter getting so more funds then
others. For AppSec Brasil, we will have people from multiple chapters
involved and it would not be nice to have one chapter getting all the
money. Having to decide a split amongst chapters would need energy
that could be better used somewhere else.

In principle, I don't like the idea of having chapters "fighting" for
money, and we may have this in the future if the chapter split is too
high. I'm afraid collaboration may decrease in the long run. On the
oher hand, I'd like to see a solution that increases the involvement
of chapter leader in our conferences, specially to have people from
different chpaters to collaborate in conference teams.

I think that having many chapters with some money is better than
having a few chapters with a lot of money. I think we should invest
more in getting more active chapters than making a few chapters more
active.

The fund idea seams a good solution to me.

Regards,

Lucas

--
Mark Bristow