[Global_chapter_committee] Starting a local chapter in Salt Lake City, Utah

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Thu Mar 12 02:59:44 EDT 2009

The chapter I wrote about a chapter life cycle at
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook:_Chapter%27s_life_cycle
does include a new more formal procedure.

I think that it has two major changes:

.         Need to provide names of recommenders, so it is not a person doing
it alone

.         Sending the request for review on the leaders mailing list. My
reasons was for that were to detect early any conflict and to get any
concerns people may have with the new guy.

.         I did not address directly change of leader for an inactive
chapter. I would add that shortly based on recent experience.

Saying that, this chapter is only a draft waiting for your comments and
presenting to the board. I will set a deadline for comments to make you all
actually read it J. Kate, your input is especially important since you
handle many such processes on a regular basis.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf [shezaf at xiom.com, +972-54-4431119, www.xiom.com]

kate.hartmann at owasp.org

Cc: global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
Lake City, Utah

Alex, thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

I see there is already a chapter established in Salt Lake.
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Salt_Lake Have you contacted the chapter
leader?  I don't see where the site has been updated to reflect meetings,
however.

I will ping Dmitry and see how things are going.  It may be that he will
need some help getting the chapter moving.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300