[Global_chapter_committee] Starting a local chapter in Salt Lake City, Utah

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Mar 11 10:56:23 EDT 2009

This type of situation is not a new one.  Several times each week I get an
email from someone inquiring about a particular chapter.  Sometimes the
chapter is inactive, sometimes, the person will be looking to start a new
chapter in a geographic area that has no current chapter.  I have set up 3
new chapters in the past week.

I want to be sure I understand what you are proposing the process to be...
The recommendations are for new chapter leaders?  Is this only to take over
an existing chapter or is it for new chapters as well.  Should I be
forwarding new chapter requests to the Committee?  In the past, I have
received written (electronic) verification from the person that they have
read and will adhere to the Chapter rules posted on the wiki.

If the "starting a chapter" process is going to change, please make sure I
have all the information I need to initiate the chapter.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300

Columbia, MD  21046

301-275-9403

kate.hartmann at owasp.org

Cc: global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org
Lake City, Utah

Alex, thank you for your interest and enthusiasm!

I see there is already a chapter established in Salt Lake.
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Salt_Lake Have you contacted the chapter
leader?  I don't see where the site has been updated to reflect meetings,
however.

I will ping Dmitry and see how things are going.  It may be that he will
need some help getting the chapter moving.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300