[GPC] [GPC-Mailbox] Fwd: Crawljax and OWASP Zed Attack Proxy

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Thu Jun 28 02:32:23 UTC 2012

Ali - thanks for bring this to our attention. As a volunteer organization,
we don't have the bandwidth to track the status of each individual project
and so we depend on folks like you to raise any concerns. As an
organization where all of our content is open, we certainly preach
open-source ideals and principles. I hope that we can all come together in
that spirit and start a dialogue to address your concerns.

Skyler - please see the thread below regarding the AJAX Crawling Tool. As
an open source project that heavily leverages another open source project,
I think it would be courteous to acknowledge the role Crawljax plays in
your project. I also think it may be appropriate to modify the description
of your project to accurately reflect your project. As I mentioned, OWASP
and the GPC do not have the bandwidth to dive into the technical details of
every project, so I am not intimately familiar with the function or
implementation of your project. If ACT functions as a simple wrapper to
Crawljax, then perhaps we should change the description to say as such. If
your project augments/supplements the functionality of Crawljax or does
other things independent of Crawljax, then perhaps we should change the
description to clarify this functionality. Do you agree?

Thanks to Ali, Skyler and Simon for starting this dialogue.

-Jason