[GPC] Summit Alcohol WAS [Committees-chairs] [Owasp-board] ESAPI Party

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Fri Sep 23 12:07:32 EDT 2011

Jim,

I agree 100% that we choose lights over beer.  Our
total alcohol expenditure for the Summit was:

   - Drink tickets were $2547 for the entirety of the event ($7 a drink rate
   but if you do the math that was 2 drinks per attendee)
   - $684 in beer and wine supplement at dinner
   - roughly $250 (kate would have the actual receipts as she paid for
   it but it was charged to the event petty cash account) in beer and a case of
   port for the villia I was in for evening activities (two governance sessions
   and the official conference "party"/band/cookout were held there, much to
   the dismay of my sleeping pattern)

When you add that all up, we spent about $20 on alcohol per person over the
whole event, or $4 a day.  Personally I think that's pretty reasonable.  I
know that A LOT more alcohol was drank at the summit (by me included)
however much of the alcohol floating round was paid for by individuals.  For
example only the beer (I think in total we bought 10 cases over the whole
event) and the one case of port in my villa was covered by the event, but
there was more beer there because we had "conference" beer and "personal"
beer in the villa.  There was also some wine and hard liquor floating around
our villa that myself and the other members of the villa purchased on our
own dime.  I know for a fact that some attendees did drink from the
"personal' stash and that was perfectly fine to me and the other people
there in the tradition of being good hosts.

So while there were a number of "drunk bastards" there, much of
the drinking wasn't paid by OWASP.

Regards,
-Mark

--