[GPC] [Owasp-leaders] OWASP Global Projects Committee Looking for Graphic Design

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Sep 21 01:12:32 EDT 2011

Nishi,

Thank you for offering to help!

We are currently conducting a design contest through 99designs.com and if
you are interested in being paid for this service, that contest will the
best mechanism to participate.

If you are interested in donating some time to create ideas outside of that
contest, we can surely accommodate that as well and appreciate the
support. I think what would be most valuable though in the long run is some
feedback about this design contest process.

This contest is our first trial with such a process for commissioning icon
design work in an open and accessible way. We need this work to be done
anyhow so it serves as an ideal proof of concept bed. In the long run, we
envision the GPC supporting the creation of logos for individual OWASP
projects in a scalable manner. As our library of over 100 projects continues
to grow, it would be unfeasible for us to depend solely on OWASP community
members such as yourself and Larry to do OWASP graphic design work. Hence,
we are trying 99designs.com as a potential scalable solution to provide
project leaders the ability to get logos for their projects.

You clearly have some experience in the graphic design world and I would be
interested to hear your thoughts one whether this design contest mechanism
is attractive to graphic designers, and what changes or improvements you
would make to facilitate such services in a scalable, dependable way.

-Jason