[GPC] OWASP Tiger

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Tue Sep 20 10:08:21 EDT 2011

Keith,

A project roadmap is an envisioned plan for the project.

The purpose of the roadmap is to help others understand where the project is
going. It gives the community a chance to understand the context and the
vision for the goal of the project. Additionally, if a project becomes
inactive or if the project is abandoned, a roadmap can help ensure a project
can be adopted and continued under new leadership. Roadmaps vary in detail
from a broad outline to a fully detailed project charter. Generally
speaking, projects with detailed roadmaps have tended to develop into
successful projects. Therefore, the GPC encourages projects to take the
project roadmap seriously. Some details that leaders may consider placing in
the roadmap include envisioned milestones, planned feature enhancements,
essential conditions, project assumptions, development timelines, etc.

But ultimately (as with almost everything in OWASP), the roadmap is what you
make of it.

-Jason