[GPC] OWASP Hatkit Proxy Project

Martin Holst Swende martin.holst_swende at owasp.org
Tue Mar 29 13:31:26 EDT 2011

Hello!

On 03/29/2011 07:13 PM, Paulo Coimbra wrote:

> Hello Martin,
>

> First of all, I thank you for volunteering to lead an OWASP Project.
> It is with volunteers like yourselves that OWASP continues to succeed
> in making application security visible.

Thanks!

> Secondly, here
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Hatkit_Proxy_Project  is the
> project's wiki page which has been placed amongst all the other OWASP
> Projects http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Alpha_Status_Projects.
>

> Please check it out and let me know if you find any problems or
> mistakes and feel obviously free to add any additional information to
> the project's wiki page or to request assistance regarding its edition.
>

> Thirdly, please note that the following basic data is still missing:
>

> -        Project leader wiki username* -
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup
> <https://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup>,

I'll start the filling in asap! I do have an owasp mailling list
account, I was unsure if that was somehow synchronized so that it was
also a automatically a wiki-account. However, the link above does not
work for me "You do not have permission to create this user account" , I
will submit an account request to obtain one.

> Fourthly, later on, when your project reaches a point that you'd like
> OWASP to assist in its promotion, we will need the following to help
> spread the word about it:
>

> -        Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file):
> http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project-flyerpamphlet-thing/.
>

> -        Conference style presentation describing the project in at
> least 3 slides -
> http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide-presentation-thing/

Absolutely!

> Fifthly, as work on your project progresses and you are ready to
> create a new release, please let the Global Projects Committee (GPC)
> know of the change in status so that we can create the needed template
> to support it.
>

> The GPC can work with you to get your project assessed and moved up
> the OWASP quality ladder from Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Not every
> release requires an assessment - feel free to email the GPC if you are
> unsure about your project's requirements.
>

> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Assessment_Criteria_v2.0
>

> That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.
> Thank you for supporting OWASP's mission.
>
> Should you have any questions or require any further information,
> please do not hesitate to contact me.

Actually, I do have one question. There were two proposals I sent in,
but only one of them seems to have become an owasp project. They are
pretty linked together (since the second one adds data analysis
capabilities to the first one) but also quite different (a Java/Swing
proxy vs a Python/Qt Data analysis tool) so it seems strange to have one
but not the other - it would be possible to have them both under the
same umbrella - but the information that you have entered into the wiki
page seems to be only about the proxy.
Regards,
/Martin Holst Swende