[GPC] Idea for project: Web Application Security AccessiblityProject

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Mon Mar 28 11:23:34 EDT 2011

I'm hoping that this meant wrestling with the full intersection of human factors and web security.  Personally I don't see why we should limit this to disabled users.  Not that they're not important, but there are many ordinary users that have extreme difficulty with web app security.

Issues like...

·        Can blind people use CAPTCHA?

·        Are browser warning popups understandable?

·        Are there better ways of leveraging "something you know" in a way that isn't brute forceable?

·        How can we manage entitlements (like delegated access to accounts)

·        Software security labels!!!

·        Lots, lots more

--Jeff

Projec Leader email address: petr.zavodsky at owasp-czech-republic.cz
Project Leader wiki acount: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Petr_Závodský <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Petr_Z%C3%A1vodsk%C3%BD>
Project Contributors:
- TEREZA - Centre for Support of Visual Impaired Students at Universities Department of Mathematics, FNSPE CTU in Prague
- Tomas Bata Univerzity in Zlin (Czech Republic), Faculty of Applied Informatics

Please, send me info about project wiki page and about project mailing list.

Thank you,

Petr Zavodsky
--
OWASP - Czech Republic