[GPC] Fwd: After AppSec Research

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Mon Mar 21 15:25:43 EDT 2011

FYI - forwarded by request.

-Jason

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Rajchenbach-Teller <David.Teller at mlstate.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [GPC] After AppSec Research
To: Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>
Cc: Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org>,
global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org, Matt Tesauro <
matt.tesauro at owasp.org>

Noted, thanks for the clarification.
That's probably not an issue, I'll need and discuss this with our CEO.

 --
  David Rajchenbach-Teller
  CSO, MLstate

On Mar 21, 2011, at 6:49 PM, Jason Li wrote:

The answer to all of the questions under the current project guidelines is
yes, with one caveat:

> - the project needs a wiki, but can also have its own external website
> with,

say, examples, forums, etc. - but also commercial offers such as paying

support, books, etc.;

More accurately, the project needs to have a wiki page on the *OWASP wiki*.
The project wiki page is meant to be the face of the project. As such, the
OWASP wiki page should contain all the information necessary for an OWASP
consumer to understand what the project is about --- which can be
supplemented by an external website. But we don't want users to *have* to
jump, nor do we want the wiki page to just be a link or trackback to an
external project page. We want our OWASP Projects to be a part of, and
consider themselves a part of, the OWASP community. The OWASP LiveCD project
is an example of a project where, despite the fact that much of the project
is hosted at an external website, the project leader (Matt) generally
references http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Live_CD_Project as
his project home page.

Let us know if you decide to make your project an OWASP project or if you
have any other questions about OWASP.

-Jason
OWASP Global Projects Committee Chair