[GPC] OWASP Java Project / Category

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Mon Mar 21 14:37:53 EDT 2011

Mattias,

Just to clarify - are you asking *how* you can migrate to a category-based
page, or if you're "allowed" to do so?

As I alluded in my previous email, you are most certainly welcome to do so
if it you find it fits the Java project.

As to the how - simply migrate all content from the current "OWASP Java
Project" page to a new wiki page "Category:OWASP Java Project". MediaWiki
should automatically create a redirect page at the old "OWASP Java Project"
location which will redirect to the new category page. This redirection will
allow you to still utilize the simpler "OWASP Java Project" namespace as the
project URL while providing the benefits of having a category page.

The GPC page was similarly migrated a few years back with a category page (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Global_Projects_Committee) and a
redirection page (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Projects_Committee?redirect=no).

Let us know if you have any questions about making such a change.

-Jason