[GPC] OWASP Student Chapters Program

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon Mar 14 17:25:02 EDT 2011

Is there anything else to be done from my side?

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra> OWASP Project Manager

From: Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>

Sender: li.jason.c at gmail.com

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:30:02 -0400

To: <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>

Cc: Paulo Coimbra<paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>; Global Projects
Committee<global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org>; <edward at owasp.org>;
Tin Zaw<tin.zaw at owasp.org>; Dan Cornell<dan.cornell at owasp.org>

Agreed that you guys should harness the initiative already in place and move
quickly. I didn't realize there were already some actions from the Summit -
obviously things should be moved forward as already agreed upon.

My main point is just that I don't want you guys to add any additional
complexity or overhead by involving the full OWASP Projects process with
this initiative. I don't think there's any need for the GPC to be involved.

-Jason

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
wrote:

Jason,

IMHO, the best for the time being is to move on with what was agreed during
the summit. Else we might lose those student chapters we currently have.

Renaming the project was oin of the pooints we had agreed on.

Hope you agree that this is better then having this initiative in a further
stall.

Cheers,
-Martin

  _____

From: Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>

Sender: li.jason.c at gmail.com

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:02:40 -0400

To: Paulo Coimbra<paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>

Cc: Martin Knobloch<martin.knobloch at owasp.org>; Global Projects
Committee<global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org>; <edward at owasp.org>;
Tin Zaw<tin.zaw at owasp.org>; Dan Cornell<dan.cornell at owasp.org>

Paulo,

The Global Committee Chairs has a brief conversation about this topic today.

I personally don't think that this initiative really falls under an OWASP
"Project".

I do think that it's important to have a mailing list to capture the
discussion. I also think the initiatives should have clearly defined goals
and a projected roadmap for accomplishing those goals. However, I don't
think that having those characteristics makes it an OWASP Project.

Tin, Martin, Dan took the action to coordinate the task between their
respective committees since it touches both local chapters, education
efforts, and potentially student membership.

-Jason

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
wrote:

Hello Martin,

I’ve renamed the OWASP College Chapters Program which is now called OWASP
Student Chapters Program.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Student_Chapters_Program

I’ve also created a new mailing list to support the project and made you its
admin.

It would be good if you could provide a couple of lines for us to use as
Project Purpose and if you could write down a Roadmap to support the course
of action.

Wish you good work!