[GPC] [Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] "Speakers" Sub Committee

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Sun Mar 13 21:37:59 EDT 2011

Tin,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tin Zaw <tin.zaw at owasp.org> wrote:
> I would propose that instead of calling it a "subcommittee", we just
> keep it as Speaker Project, coordinated between GCC, Chapter Committee
> and GPC.

I prefer subcommittee as it "supports" the GCCs rather then being
labeled a "Committee" but this can be finalized at a later stage.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tin Zaw <tin.zaw at owasp.org> wrote:
> "OWASP-on-the-Move" budget should be coordinated by Chapter Committee
> as it is intended as a resource for chapter, especially smaller and
> newer ones, and hence falls into the area that Chapter Committee
> coordinates. It was not intended for bringing speakers to the
> conferences.

I leveraged OotM to present at AppSec USA 2008 but I envision that
there would be two separate budgets which would be managed by the
Conference and Chapter Committees.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tin Zaw <tin.zaw at owasp.org> wrote:
> The burden of choosing speakers should fall upon chapter leaders and
> conference organizers as they are ultimately responsible for success
> of chapters and conferences. GCC and Speaker Project will be great
> resources for the leaders and organizers.

I addressed this in the reply to John but maybe this entity could
arbitrate if this is a major disagreement between the CFP selection
committee and the Chapter Leader/Conference Organizer?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tin Zaw <tin.zaw at owasp.org> wrote:
> "Tours" are a good area that Speaker Project can help coordinate, with
> funding provided by OotM and local chapter funds.

I would see the speakers subcommittee function as the go between for
the Chapter and Conference Committees to assist in the managing the
availability of each venue required from a holistic perspective.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich