[GPC] [Global_conference_committee] "Speakers" Sub Committee

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Sun Mar 13 16:36:57 EDT 2011

Christian,

I think that this is a great idea. The Conferences Committee is already
planning to to put together an OWASP track of OWASP
projects/key initiatives this year and we currently have gotten a budget
allocated for it as well (OoTM funds can only be used for non conference
events).  This pilot program will at first be available to the Global AppSec
Conferences (targeting AppSec USA as a first go) as it is more geared to
putting a whole track of content together, however there will be a lot of
overlap with what you are proposing below.

The focus of this program is to help promote OWASP initiatives and there
will be stringent criteria for selection not just on content but on
presentation skills as well.

It may be useful to piggyback chapter initiatives with this as well.  We
should be announcing the CFP shortly.

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175