[GPC] New Project Creation Request.

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Mar 11 11:25:54 EST 2011

Hello Amber,

Hope you are well. It was a pleasure meeting you the Summit.

As for your request, first of all, I thank you for volunteering to lead an OWASP Project.  It is with volunteers like yourselves that OWASP continues to succeed in making application security visible.

Secondly, here http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_ESOP_Framework#tab=Project_About is the project’s wiki page which has been placed amongst all the other OWASP Projects http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Alpha_Status_Projects.

Please check it out and let me know if you find any problems or mistakes and feel obviously free to add any additional information to the project’s wiki page or to request assistance regarding its edition.

Thirdly, later on, when your project reaches a point that you'd like OWASP to assist in its promotion, we will need the following to help spread the word about it:

- Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file): http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project-flyerpamphlet-thing/.

 - Conference style presentation describing the project in at least 3 slides - http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide-presentation-thing/

Fourthly, as work on your project progresses and you are ready to create a new release, please let the Global Projects Committee (GPC) know of the change in status so that we can create the needed template to support it.

The GPC can work with you to get your project assessed and moved up the OWASP quality ladder from Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Not every release requires an assessment - feel free to email the GPC if you are unsure about your project's requirements.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Assessment_Criteria_v2.0

That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.  Thank you for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,