[GPC] preparing "German Language Project"

Paulo Coimbra pcoimbra at owasp.org
Thu Mar 3 14:57:21 EST 2011

Even though I haven't shared the info still, Juan had kindly informed about
his will to stepping down of the Internationalization project. Also, If I am
not mistaken, he still leads the Spanish effort. I take the opportunity to
let you know.

Thanks,

Paulo

On 3 de Mar de 2011, at 19:46, Jason Li <jli at owasp.org> wrote:

Achim,

I think it's great that you guys want to internationalize to German!

There are a few other translation efforts going on (Juan with the Spanish
project and Helen with the Chinese project). It would great if you guys
could get together and come up with a reasonable model for standardizing how
a translation "effort" should work. That way, if anyone else that wants to
start a similar effort, they can follow the same model and not have to go
through learning the same lessons about getting started.

I know in the past we've had sub-pages (e.g.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Introduction_OWASP_Top_Ten_Project vs
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Introduction_OWASP_Top_Ten_Project/es). As we
expand, it might be worthwhile to look at Wikipedia/MediaWiki and see how
they approach internationalization since they've probably come up with a
good way to deal with this process.

Let us know how we can help!

-Jason