[GPC] New Project: OWASP Software Security Process

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Wed Mar 2 15:00:17 EST 2011

Hello Matteo,

Hope you are well. It was a pleasure meeting you the Summit.

As for your request, first of all, I thank you for volunteering to lead an
OWASP Project.  It is with volunteers like yourselves that OWASP continues
to succeed in making application security visible.

Secondly, here
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Software_Security_Assurance_Process#tab
=Project_Details is the project’s wiki page which has been placed amongst
all the other OWASP Projects
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Alpha_Status_Proje
cts.

Please check it out and let me know if you find any problems or mistakes and
feel obviously free to add any additional information to the project’s wiki
page or to request assistance regarding its edition.

Thirdly, later on, when your project reaches a point that you'd like OWASP
to assist in its promotion, we will need the following to help spread the
word about it:

- Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file):
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project
-flyerpamphlet-thing/.

 - Conference style presentation describing the project in at least 3 slides
-
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide
-presentation-thing/

Fourthly, as work on your project progresses and you are ready to create a
new release, please let the Global Projects Committee (GPC) know of the
change in status so that we can create the needed template to support it.

The GPC can work with you to get your project assessed and moved up the
OWASP quality ladder from Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Not every release
requires an assessment - feel free to email the GPC if you are unsure about
your project's requirements.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Assessment_Criteria_v2.0

That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.  Thank you
for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra> OWASP Project Manager

7.  Project Leader email address: mateo.martinez at owasp.org

8.  Project Leader wiki account - the username (you'll need this to edit the
wiki): Mateo Martínez

9.  Project Contributor(s) (if any) - name email and wiki account (if any)

10.Project Main Links (if any).

Please let me know if anything else is required to could start the project.

Thank you.
Warm regards,

Mateo