[GPC] Common Numbering Project and Common Vulnerability List

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Thu Apr 14 10:10:49 EDT 2011

Hello Sarah,

As far as I understand both Summit WS were driven by a wide felt need of
setting up a common numbering scheme to be used across OWASP Guides and
References. I believe this was both an effort to improve nomenclature
coherence throughout OWASP Projects and a way to set up a frame to allow the
creation of potential synergies.

Before the Summit we had already created a project (OWASP Common
Vulnerability List) to deal with the above referred questions but the
project leaders involved in WS debate decided that a new one should be
created and consequently the OWASP Common Numbering Project has been set up.

Please feel free to get back to me for any additional question you may have
or Skype me if you think it can be more productive - paulocoimbra7.

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra> OWASP Project Manager