[GPC] Query on swaat project

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Wed Jun 16 12:03:13 EDT 2010

Hello Suresh,

First of all, thank you for volunteering to lead an orphaned OWASP Project -
the SWAAT Project.  It is with volunteers like yourself that OWASP continues
to succeed in making application security visible.

Second, regarding your application to lead this project, I'd like to request
that you send a project roadmap - basically the high level details of where
you'd like to take the project.  The OWASP Global Projects Committee (GPC)
will look at the roadmap and provide feedback on your project:  suggesting
projects which are closely related, resources and contacts which may assist
your efforts and any other suggestions to increase your project's success.

To get your project started, here are a couple of references for your
review:

 - The Guidelines for OWASP Projects provide a quick overview of items key
to a projects success -
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_OWASP_Projects,

 - OWASP's Assessment Criteria is the metric by which projects are
evaluated.  There are three categories for projects: Alpha, Beta, and
Release.  The Assessment Criteria allows project leaders to know what
aspects of projects OWASP values -
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project_Assessment,

 - OWASP's GPC blog - http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/,

Your project will have an OWASP wiki page to inform and promote your project
to the OWASP community.  To setup your project's page, please provide the
details below so that the GPC can establish your initial project page.  The
details provided will be used to complete OWASP's project template.  Feel
free to add any additional information to wiki page or request assistance
about how to add to your projects wiki page.

Details to create your project page:
(0) Project Name,

(1) Project purpose / overview,
(2) Project Roadmap (as mentioned above),
(3) Project links (if any) to external sites,
(4) Project License
(http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_OWASP_Projects#Project_Licens
ing),
(5) Project Leader name,

(6) Project Leader email address,
(7) Project Leader wiki account - the username (you'll need this to edit the
wiki),
(8) Project Maintainer (if any)  - name, email and wiki account (if any),
(9) Project Contributor(s) (if any) - name email and wiki account (if any),

As your project reaches a point that you'd like OWASP to assist in its
promotion, the GPC will need the following to help spread the word about
your project:

 * Conference style presentation describing the project in at least 3 slides
-
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide
-presentation-thing/

 * Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file) -
http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project
-flyerpamphlet-thing/

As work on your project progresses and you are ready to create a release,
please let the GPC know of the change in status.  The GPC can work with you
to get your project assessed and moved up the OWASP quality ladder from
Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Every release does not require an assessment -
feel free to email the GPC if you are unsure about your project's
requirements.  For examples of projects at various quality levels, please
see the OWASP Project page -
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project

That is all for now - I wish you and your project great success.  Thank you
for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager