[GPC] [Owasp-google-hacking] Update Needed

Brad Causey bradcausey at owasp.org
Wed Jul 28 11:25:50 EDT 2010


Christian,

There are a number of reasons that your project is being marked as inactive.
Not in the least, your attitude about all of this raises concerns.
Some legitimate issues were raised regarding the status of your code, and
your project overall. Rather than addressing these concerns, you've
attempted to divert the process by complaining about harassing emails and
twitter feeds, while blaming others for your lack of action.

I suggest you worry less about Tom, Towny Roberto, and others, and look
closely at your actions and attitude, as well as the project and
organization that you've used to gain visibility in the application security
space.

-Brad Causey
CISSP, MCSE, C|EH, CIFI, CGSP

http://www.owasp.org
--
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
--


On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Christian Heinrich <
christian.heinrich at owasp.org> wrote:

> Paulo,
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
> wrote:
> > As for your answer, below, I believe it is the appropriate time to say
> that
> > I don’t think your facts’ narrative always entirely captures the essence
> of
> > the email-thread you refer. However, I suggest we further clarify the
> matter
> > in the context of the inquiry process in course so as to assure the
> > situation is handled with the care, respect and factualness it deserves.
>
> I disagree and my interpretation is supported by
> http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/nicholas.epley/EpleyKruger.pdf and the
> responses to Tom's comment on
>
> http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2010/06/publicly-traded-companies-read-this.html
>
> The question is if it wasn't someone from Google then who is the
> person in question that raised this with Tom Brennan mentioned in the
> thread from July 2009.
>
> I am also trying to gauge the benefit to my project from the attached
> email threat in light of the fact that I had agreed to discretely
> replace the source code - or what I thought might be the source code
> [1] - when I returned to Australia rather then play into the hands of
> trolls [2]
>
> I have no doubt that the inquiry has been delayed so it will be
> twisted to ensure maximum damage to my reputation while OWASP attempts
> to distance itself from its lack of action during the entire lifetime
> of this project such as the continued removal from the OWASP Leaders
> List and recently marking my project inactive (not in September 2009
> when requested).
>
> [1]
> https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-google-hacking/2010-June/000023.html
> [2] http://twitter.com/TownyRoberto/status/17237972489
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Christian Heinrich - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/user:cmlh
> OWASP "Google Hacking" Project Lead - http://sn.im/owasp_google_hacking
>
> _______________________________________________
> Global-projects-committee mailing list
> Global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global-projects-committee
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/private/global-projects-committee/attachments/20100728/b1a5b546/attachment.html 


More information about the Global-projects-committee mailing list