[GPC] Download source_code Swingset (Php & .Net)

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Thu Jul 8 12:18:19 EDT 2010

Hello Wagner,

First of all, thank you for volunteering to lead these two OWASP Projects.  It is with volunteers like yourself that OWASP continues to succeed in making application security visible.

Second, regarding your new leadership of these projects, I'd like to request that you send two project roadmap (one for each project) - basically the high level details of where you'd like to take the projects.  The OWASP Global Projects Committee (GPC) will look at the roadmaps and provide feedback on your projects:  suggesting projects which are closely related, resources and contacts which may assist your efforts and any other suggestions to increase your projects’ success.

To get your projects started, here are a couple of references for your review:

 - The Guidelines for OWASP Projects provide a quick overview of items key to a projects success - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_OWASP_Projects,

 - OWASP's Assessment Criteria is the metric by which projects are evaluated.  There are three categories for projects: Alpha, Beta, and Release.  The Assessment Criteria allows project leaders to know what aspects of projects OWASP values - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project_Assessment,

 - OWASP's GPC blog - http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/,

Your projects will have an OWASP wiki page to inform and promote your project to the OWASP community.  To setup your projects’ page, please provide the details below so that the GPC can establish your initial projects pages.  The details provided will be used to complete OWASP's projects templates.  Feel free to add any additional information to wiki page or request assistance about how to add to your projects wiki page.

Details to create your projects pages:
(0) Project Name,

(1) Project purpose / overview,
(2) Project Roadmap (as mentioned above),
(3) Project links (if any) to external sites,
(4) Project License (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_OWASP_Projects#Project_Licensing),
(5) Project Leader name,

(6) Project Leader email address,
(7) Project Leader wiki account - the username (you'll need this to edit the wiki),
(8) Project Maintainer (if any)  - name, email and wiki account (if any),
(9) Project Contributor(s) (if any) - name email and wiki account (if any),

As your projects reach a point that you'd like OWASP to assist in their promotion, the GPC will need the following to help spread the word about your projects:

 * Conference style presentation describing the project in at least 3 slides - http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/what-is-the-3x-slide-presentation-thing/

 * Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file) - http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project-flyerpamphlet-thing/

As work on your projects progresses and you are ready to create a release, please let the GPC know of the change in status.  The GPC can work with you to get your projects assessed and moved up the OWASP quality ladder from Alpha to Beta to Stable.  Every release does not require an assessment - feel free to email the GPC if you are unsure about your project's requirements.  For examples of projects at various quality levels, please see the OWASP Project page - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project

That is all for now - I wish you and your projects great success.  Thank you for supporting OWASP's mission.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager