[GPC] Creating an OWASP Project

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Tue Jul 6 13:24:09 EDT 2010

Hello Christian and Bunyamin,

I thank your answers which I’ve read carefully.

I’ve understood Christian’s arguments and if you ultimately think it would
be more appropriate if we set up a totally different project it will be
done.

However, I think it would maybe be a good idea if we created an ‘umbrella’
project i.e. a wiki page called ModSecurit and put both ‘sub’-projects (the
PHP and the Java versions) inside of it. To better understand what I mean,
please glance at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_JavaScript_Sandboxes
or at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Enterprise_Security_API
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Enterprise_Security_API#tab=S
wingset->

If you both agreed with my suggestion, we could also consult with Ryan
Barnett, being carbon copied, to see whether or not he was available to put
his project under this ‘umbrella’.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/GPC_Project_Details/OWASP_ModSecurity_Core_Ru
le_Set_Project

Please drop me a line and let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager